Ogbonge health communicate organisation, TalkHealth9ja wan employ pesin wey go help im research for di radio programme im dey do inside Ebonyi State. Through di radio program, dem dey help villages and communities wey set up health committees to make their primary health care kajad. If you dey interested, abeg see di full tori below:
TERMS OF REFERENCE: EBONYI SPAC RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
TalkHealth9ja is a health communications and public health information management organization founded in 2014 with the aim of communicating health messages in the simplest possible way in order to increase health literacy and influence appropriate health seeking behaviours in Nigeria. To achieve its vision, it boasts of a team of highly skilled and proficient public health professionals with capacities in health advocacy, health systems strengthening, health care financing, promotion of accountability as well as monitoring and evaluation. It also has partner organisations and local networks in the partner communities.
Following the onset of the COVID 19 pandemic, TalkHealth9ja created an advocacy platform – the Make Our Hospital Work Campaign for active citizens who wish to champion health systems strengthening and accountability in their communities. The campaign is basically a citizen-led community-based advocacy to make the health facilities function optimally.
The above mentioned campaign is being managed at the national level by a 31-man diverse steering team and a Strategic Advisory Board made up of eminent Nigerians. With over 1000 registered members across the 36 states and FCT, the Campaign also has state and community steering teams across the country.
TalkHealth9ja is driving a project through Make Our Hospital Work Campaign in Ebonyi State, with the project title: Strengthening Accountability in Primary Health Care amid Covid-19 (SPAC), supported by the Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA).
Leveraging the media especially radio, this project seeks to strengthen the governance structure of the primary health care system by ensuring uninterrupted delivery of the quality health services and positioning the facilities to serve as an important link in the management of the Covid19 pandemic. It also promotes the patients’ bill of rights, transparency and accountability on the implementation of the basic health care provision fund and protection of healthcare workers from the covid19 pandemic.
This project sponsors the TalkHealth9ja Radio Show on Unity 101.5 FM Abakaliki and prioritises two local government areas, Ohaozara and Afikpo North LGA (with rural and semi-urban settlements), as pilots for its community-level support. Findings as well as impact of this project will be documented and published to add to the body of knowledge in strengthening health system through media-facilitated community engagements. To this effect, TalkHealth9ja is looking for an experienced self-driven Research Associate to drive the research component of the project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The roles of the Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate include:
- The Research Associate will support with requisite periodic data collection
- S/he will engage approval authorities in Ebonyi and initiate research ethical approval process for the project.
- S/he will track status of the community agreed implementation plans (e.g number of meetings, issues resolved, opportunities identified, etc).
- S/he shall analyse data from the activities of community health committees and make same available for use on the TalkHealth9ja Radio Show.
- S/he will develop monthly progress report of the project.
- He/She will support in the project data analysis; as well as develop draft preliminiary reports and share with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
- S/he will train and provide technical support to Community Health Committees on basic data management principles.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate will report to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor. She/he will also work closely with the Volunteer Data Officers in the communities, other members of the TalkHealth9ja team and Ebonyi team of the Make Our Hospital Work Campaign. There will be periodic travels to provide technical support to the Village/Community Health Committees.
LOCATION: Ebonyi State.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an 5 months consultancy from February to June 2022, with a possibility of extension at the discretion of Ebonyi SPAC Project Lead.
- Remuneration is negotiable, and payment shall be made after satisfactory performance of tasks as will be detailed in a terms of reference.
- The Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate will be required to travel to select communities during the course of his/her duties in such instances shall be eligible for logistics support based on TalkHealth9ja standing rates.
- The Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate may be required to make media appearances (radio or television) if the need arises; if this entails travelling out of the State of assignement, he/she shall be eligible for logistics support and sustenance stipend in line with the organizations policy.
- The Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate shall keep all official information and/or project records obtained in the course of this engagement, strictly confidential during and after the expiration of engagement.
- The appointment guaranteed by this contract stands cancelled at the observation of non- compliance to the terms and conditions laid out above. If the Ebonyi SPAC Research Associate wishes to terminate the appointment, he/she will put in a minimum of two weeks active duty-post notification to TalkHealth9ja.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma and a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization that has a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience working on a health project or related non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience in capacity building and community health interventions is a strong asset.
- Good writing skills is required.
- Familiarity with Ebonyi State and ability to speak local language will be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should send a cover letter and application to email@example.com by Tuesday, 25th January 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate must be available to resume work on 1st February 2022.
TalkHealth9ja is an equal opportunity employer.