As Naija people dey celebrate Christmas and dey jinja for the new year, ogbonge sabinus for bodi mata and di oga of TalkHealth9ja, Dr Laz Eze don list 10 things people suppose do to make Christmas and New Year healthy and kajad. He write am inside Facebook and whatsapp groups. Look as he take write am below.
10 TIPS TOWARDS A HEALTHY AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS.
- Ensure your village/community discuss health during their annual meetings.
- Set up a village or health committee (if none exists) as required by the National Health Act 2014.
- Visit the health center in your community and find out how you can help to #MakeOurHospitalWork.
- Don’t abuse food, alcohol or drugs.
- Avoid bush burning, and take precautions against any form of fire disaster.
- If you get ill, avoid self medication. See a trained health care provider.
- Practice safe sex, to avoid spread of sexually transmitted infections or unplanned pregnancy.
- Practice regular handwashing and personal hygiene.
- Don’t drive if you’re drunk. Drive carefully, within speed limit and obey traffic rules.
- It’s dry season, drink at least 3 liters of water per day. Helps to prevent the formation of kidney stones or acute kidney failure.
I wish you a blissful holiday and New Year!
Dr. Laz Eze
Host, #TalkingHealthwithDrLaz on AIT.
Convener & National Team Lead, MakeOurHospitalWork Campaign.
25th December 2021.