This one na better tori for people wey dey find job . The first private cancer treatment fund for obodo Naija, Pink Oak Cancer Trust dey recruit Volunteers wey go help their fight against cancer. According by the job advert dem release, dem dey find graduates wey dey live for 21 different cities for obodo Naija.
Dem talk say this one na once-in-while job and the pay for dey for heaven o. However, dem go dey buy recharge card give the volunteers every month. If you wan read more, see all the tori below.
Warning: plenty grammar brekete inside o.
WE ARE RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS THAT WILL HELP US TO FIGHT CANCER
Who We Are
The Pink Oak Cancer Trust (Pink Oak), Nigeria’s 1st Cancer Treatment Fund, uses an innovative approach in mobilizing funds for cancer diagnosis and treatment in Nigeria. We lead a harmonized and coordinated effort to create a pool of funds from corporations, private organizations, government and individuals and provide support to people with cancer who cannot afford treatment.
Pink Oak envisions a Nigeria where all cancer patients across the country are able to afford comprehensive and best possible quality of care in a timely manner. Our mission is to improve outcomes and increase survival rates of cancer patients in Nigeria by providing practical financial support and associated advocacy for people affected by the disease. Our medium term goal is to raise at least N350 million to support the treatment of 100 or more people with breast cancer by 31st December 2019, and scale up in subsequent years.
Pink Oak leverages international and national non-governmental organizations and key local leadership to drive ownership of cancer care in Nigeria and ensure that the people have access to the care they need to survive and thrive in the fight against cancer.
Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development. Volunteerism benefits both the individual and the society at large by strengthening trust, solidarity and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation.
Pink Oak is looking for passionate, vibrant and young individuals to volunteer in the following Cities/States as can be seen below. These volunteer roles will be critical for the delivery of results for the Nigerian men and women with cancer.
POSITION: Volunteers (Part Time)
LOCATIONS: Ibadan, Zaria, Sokoto, Abakaliki, Lokoja, Asaba, Kano, Maiduguri, Uyo, Abeokuta, Makurdi, Port Harcourt, Katsina, Abeokuta, Ile-Ife, Calabar, Owerri, Nnewi, Gombe, Jos, Umuahia
DURATION: Minimum of six (6) months (Negotiable)
DESIRED START DATE: Between November 2019 and January 2020
WORK HOURS: Very flexible.
The Volunteer person will serve as a focal person for the Organization in the State of his/her choice if accepted by the Organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in the facilitation of correspondence between Pink Oak and its partners within the State.
- Manage the logistics and coordination of meetings, fundraising activities and other related events within the State of volunteering.
- Assist in the preparation of supporting documents for payment of costs for executed activities for implementation
- Checking up on Pink Oak patients via the partner NGOs
- Help in mobilizing donors for Pink Oak
- Passion for volunteering in healthcare/Not-for-profit and alleviating the cancer burden in Nigeria
- Must be resident in the City/State he/she wants to volunteer
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any field of study. A Masters degree will be an advantage.
- Experience in fundraising is an advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective use of social media especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is desirable
- Ensuring confidentiality, commitment, reliability and high degree of personal integrity
- Ability to use Microsoft Office computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) effectively is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Language; knowledge of the Language of State of Resident desirable.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as may be requested by the Organization.
- Persons who have an existing paid job may be prioritized.
This is a non-paid volunteer opportunity. However, the Foundation shall be responsible for the financial cost of carrying out any approved official assignment. A monthly recharge card for mobile phone communication and internet data shall also be provided.
How To Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter addressed to the Executive Director and Curriculum Vitae as a one document, with “Volunteer – State” (Example: Volunteer – Sokoto) in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.